Today we woke up to about less than an inch of snow with a few more inches projected in the next few days. At this time the course will remain closed until the snow melts.
With that being said we have completed our main objectives on number 17 with just a few more things to finish.
A recap on the repairs and added drainage.
1. The green main line did not have adequate fall to leave the green.
2. The mainline coming out of the green in the approach was not draining and water sitting in the pipe.
|Note water in pipe|
3. Smile drains needed to be installed in the front and the right side of the green.
4. Rough and Approach Drainage install
5. Raised drain basins next to Tees
6. Water diversion in progress
7. Head leveling in progress
8. Bunker repair and redefining the edge in progress
9. Possible install of another drain basin next to path near blue tee
After we had completed the green drainage repair and addition we also installed close to 400 feet of drainage in the left side rough coming down into the approach. This was necessary because of the amount of water that comes off the cart path down the hill and would congregate next to the green and the rest would flow through the approach. We should have great results from this install and actually grow grass in the adjacent rough left of the green.
|Prepped for trenching|
|Trenching the lines|
|Pipe and gravel install|
|Sand added and tamped followed by sod installation|
|We aerified and seeded the rough and applied a good amount of top |
dressing. This area is now covered until March.