The end is in site and everyone is looking forward to not coming back to this green for a long time. We finished adding the third drain line and removed and placed back the fourth line. We are in the process of sodding which can be time consuming because every little imperfection can be seen if the sod is not put down properly. Our next project will be heading to the 17th green and seeing what we need to fix, hopefully not as extensive. Stay tuned!
Just a recap on what has taken place.
1. Missing 3 drain lines that should have been installed.
2. The mainline had numerous highs and lows, so water was not exiting the green properly.
3. One existing line was clogged with mud around the pipe, removed and cleaned.
4. The front of the green had to many connections and not enough perforated pipe, this also allowed the water to sit in front of the green at the sub grade.
5. The green did not have positive surface run off at the front and the water had no place to go but down.
6. The front liner of the green that is buried will be removed to help with water removal.
|This is the area that had to many connections, we could not |
change this but we did do is allow water to inter the
pipe from the bottom by making slots into the connection points
and adding a perforated pipe section which was solid at the time.
|Prepping the exposed areas for sod.|
|Slow and tedious process.|