Last week, we made a good push to finish our drainage project on #3 cart path edge before the mid- week snow. We needed to pay close attention to how we floated the concrete so that the water will flow into the drain basin, with careful manipulation they were successful. That following weekend rain occurred and we were able to see how well it worked. Once the weather turns for the better, our next path project will be on #11 next to the green. This will be very similar as to what we have already accomplished and should go much smoother.
All 50 bluebird nesting boxes are out on the golf course, this makes a grand total of 74 boxes for the entire club property. On Friday, when I was looking at the ninth hole from the 59 patio, I noticed some bird activity already in one of the new box's. Irrigation repairs have been progressing nicely. When we drained our system for the winter, we noticed a few drain valves that were not functioning properly. So, we need to replace them before the system is fired up for this season.
As usual, when we experience bad weather, we do have alternate plans for the staff. They are working on sanding and staining benches, painting tee markers, course cups and ball washers.
A soft reminder, we are approaching our greens winter aerification. We typically start this the first week of February, weather permitting. There will be more to follow on our process so stay tuned.
|Mixing the concrete by hand.|
|Dye was added to the concrete so it will blend in with the|
|Water is moving into the drain!|